Terms of Sale
This page explains our policies concerning purchases made from Experimental Musical Instruments.
1. You can order from us through this web site by going to the catalog and following the procedures there.
2. You can also submit your order to us by email, post or telephone. Information you will need to include with your order: Your name and ship-to address, telephone number (to verify order details if necessary), the items you wish to order, and payment information as described below.
1. If you order online through this website, you will be taken to a payment screen which offers you the option of paying by credit card. These payments will be processed by Authorize.net, one of the leading secure online payment processing services. They will encrypt your payment information for guaranteed security.
2. If you don’t wish to order through this website, you can submit your order to us by email, post or telephone. In that case you can pay by any of the following methods:
Checks & Money Orders: Make them out to Experimental Musical Instruments. Checks must be drawn on bank in the United States. International Money Orders are OK.
Credit Cards: We accept Visa, MasterCard and affiliated cards. Include the card holder name, card number, expiration date and security code. Include billing address if it is different from the ship-to address for the order.
PayPal:Make payments to PayPal account firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cash: So far we’ve had no trouble with cash payments in U.S. dollars made through the mail. Round off to the nearest dollar.
Bill-Me-Later: Let us know if you want this option, and we will include an invoice with your order, due upon receipt.
Electronic Funds Transfer: please inquire first.
We will add 9.25% sales tax for orders shipped within California.
We charge a flat fee for shipping on all orders, regardless of the size of the order. The fee is $6 on orders shipped within the United States or Canada, $12 on all other orders. (Exception: in unusual cases we may make arrangements with the customer for a different shipping fee.)
Orders within the United States will be shipped by priority mail unless we’ve made other arrangements with the customer. The U.S. Postal Service advertises delivery times of 2-3 days for priority mail items, and they meet this expectation most, though not all, of the time.
Orders shipped outside the United States will be sent either by Global Priority Mail or by First Class Mail International (air mail), depending on the size of the shipment. Delivery times for international orders vary.
1) Items received in good condition, but which the customer decides not to keep: We will pay a full refund on returned items if the item is returned undamaged and in salable condition within one month of the purchase date. Return shipping cost is to be paid by the customer.
2) Items found to be in a faulty condition when the customer receives them, or cases where we’ve made a mistake with the order: In these cases we will either replace the item or pay a full refund, and we will pay shipping costs.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, tell us within one month of the purchase date and we will refund your cost. If the item was received by the customer in good condition, the customer pays the return shipping cost. If the customer received the item in a faulty condition or we filled the order incorrectly, we will pay for return shipping.