To our customers
While we are still happily selling books and CDs here at the Experimental Musical Instruments web site, we are now redirecting hardware sales to a new vendor, PinPegPickups.com. They’re selling the same hardware items we’ve always sold and at similar prices, and we recommend them highly! You can click your way straight over to PinPegPickups to browse or make purchases. You may also want to read our blog about this transition here.
For our books and CDs, stay here and browse the catalog.
Also please note that after a couple of weeks of travel (which meant slower service), we're now back on our regular order-filling schedule and will be shipping most orders the same day received or the next business day.
WELCOME TO THE EXPERIMENTAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS CATALOG
To view the product listings, choose from the menu under the “Catalog” tab above, or use the catalog search box to search for particular items. For more ordering information, read on or choose one of the following links.
1. You can order from us online through this web site by choosing from the drop-down menu under the catalog tab above and proceding from there.
2. You can also submit your order to us by email, post or telephone. Include the following information with your order: Your name and ship-to address, email and/or telephone number (to verify order details if necessary), the items you wish to order, and payment information as described below.
1. If you order online through this website, you will be taken to a payment screen where you can pay by credit card or PayPal (a radio button allowing you to choose appears after the address information on the form).
Credit card payments will be processed by Authorize.net, one of the leading secure online payment processing services (see payment security information below). You can pay by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or Diner’s Club.
2. If you order by email, post or telephone as described above, you can pay by any of the following methods:
Checks & Money Orders: Make them out to Experimental Musical Instruments. Checks must be drawn on bank in the United States. International Money Orders are OK.
Credit Cards: Include the card holder name, card number, expiration date and security code. Include the card’s billing address if it is different from the ship-to address for the order. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
PayPal: Make payments to PayPal account firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cash: So far we’ve had no trouble with cash payments in U.S. dollars made through the mail. Round off to the nearest dollar.
Bill-Me-Later: Let us know if you want this option, and we will include an invoice with your order which you can pay when you’ve received the order. You can then pay the invoice by any of the payment methods described here.
Electronic Funds Transfer (Wire Transfer): Please inquire first. Due to hefty bank service charges on wire transfers, we accept payment by wire transfer on large orders only.
We charge a flat fee for shipping on standard orders, regardless of the size of the order. The shipping fee is $6.50 on orders shipped within the United States, $20.00 for orders shipped to Canada, and $24.00 on all other orders. (Exception: for some special orders we may make arrangements with the customer for a different shipping fee.)
Orders within the United States will be shipped by Priority Mail unless we’ve made other arrangements with the customer. The U.S. Postal Service advertises delivery times of 2-3 days for priority mail items, and they meet this expectation most, though not all, of the time.
Orders shipped outside the United States will be sent either by Global Priority Mail or by First Class Mail International (air mail), depending on the size of the shipment. Delivery times for international orders vary. Two weeks is typical; sometimes longer. We have found that orders shipped to Italy are particularly slow, sometimes taking a month or more.
For orders shipped within California, we will add 8% sales tax.
1) Items received in good condition, but which the customer decides not to keep: We will pay a full refund on returned items if the item is returned undamaged and in salable condition within one month of the date the customer received the order. Return shipping cost is to be paid by the customer.
2) Items found to be in a faulty condition when the customer receives them, or cases where we’ve made a mistake with the order: In these cases we will either replace the item or pay a full refund, and we will pay shipping costs.
You can shop in the Experimental Musical Instruments online catalog with confidence. For safe and secure online payment processing, you can use PayPal or your credit card. For credit card processing, we have partnered with the Authorize.net Payment Gateway, a leading payment gateway since 1996.
When you order frequently from the same web site, it’s convenient to have the web site keep track of your address and other payment information so you don’t have to fill in that information each time you place an order. Some web sites do this by allowing you to register and provide the pertinent information. This web site does not have such a registration system at this time. However, if you order from us once and then order again, your information will be remembered and automatically filled in for you. This is done by means of a “cookie.” Be assured that this cookie is entirely harmless. Its only function is to recall and fill in your address and email information next time you order, simply as a matter of convenience. It does not retain your credit card information. If you “delete cookies” on your computer, then your address information won’t be automatically filled in for you next time you order. If, on a particular order, you wish to give a different address from one that has appeared automatically, you can do this simply by typing over the one that appeared.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, tell us within one month of the date of receipt and we will refund your cost. If the item was received by the customer in good condition, the customer pays the return shipping cost. If the customer received the item in a faulty condition or we filled the order incorrectly, we will pay for return shipping.